Feb 17, 2017

Holy Easter Eggs, Batman!

We went to see the LEGO Batman Movie this weekend and in keeping with spirit of its predecessor, everything was awesome! I'm not going to go too much into it but there are spoilers ahead.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

The movie is incredibly packed with references to Bat-history. Now, I don't consider myself a hardcore fan by any stretch but I think I did pretty good at catching a lot of them. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there if you want a full run down but I wanted to mention a couple of things that stood out to me.

We get to see pretty much every Batsuit you could imagine, but what's this?


That's not a Santa Batsuit, it's a KRAMPUS Bat! It looks more Santa than Krampus but given Batman's rep, I guess it makes more sense to be something to be feared. I'm just happy to see Krampus getting more mainstream.

One of the most fun things is that this Batman has experienced everything you've ever seen Batman in: comics, cartoons, movies, TV, all of it. While Batman '66 may not have had villains on par with what we're used to today, I enjoyed seeing cameos by the likes of King Tut, who got his own minifig.

But there was one cameo in particular that made this grown man squee with delight...


Egghead, who was portrayed by none other than Vincent Price!


He didn't have any lines, which is probably for the best. So now, I 'm totally justified in demanding an Egghead minifig, right? Oh, and while you're at it, LEGO, Gentleman Ghost please!

Nothing from Bat-history is too obscure.
Even the Wonder Twins and Gleek show up at a Justice League party!


At first, I thought that was Krypto dropping the beats but why does he have a green cape? I forget which character but someone calls out that it's Wonder Dog. Yet I didn't see Marvin and Wendy anywhere. What up with that?


I guess that's one mystery they wont' solve.

You might be carrying around another Bat Easter Egg! In the movie, the Batcomputer is played by Siri and he addresses her by saying "Hey, 'puter." So if you have an iDevice, you might want to give that a try.

4 comments:

  1. Siri responded with, "How can I help you, Lego Batman?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a few different ones, keep trying!

      Delete
  2. Best egg for me was hearing Billy Dee Williams as Two-Face. Finally gets his shot as his Harvey Dent never got to transition.

    Another good one was the idea that Eddie Izzard was the voice of Voldemort instead of Ralph Fiennes who was in the movie voicing Alfred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Billy Dee was definitely a great moment!

      Delete