Jan 22, 2015

Guardians of the Galaxy Hot Wheels

If you happen to pass down the toy car aisle, you may have noticed Hot Wheels has started doing a new series of cars based on Marvel Comics characters. I like Marvel and I like Hot Wheels, but these never really grabbed my attention enough to pick any up. If they start doing non-Wolverine X-Men ones, I may to snag some.

Back before Christmas, I was surprised to see they did a couple based on my favorite Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Guardians Hot Wheels Rocket carded

Aside from being slightly obsessed with the movie, I thought these Marvel Hot Wheels in particular really managed to capture the characters they represent. Rocket's has a blended striping pattern that looks very Raccoon-ish.

Guardians Hot Wheels Rocket front angle

It's also got a couple of fins that look like ears and the roof has the circular cybernetic thingy that you can see on his back.

Guardians Hot Wheels Rocket front

If you look at it from the front, it just might bite you!

Guardians Hot Wheels Star-Lord carded

But if Rocket's is good, Star-Lord's is great!

Guardians Hot Wheels Star-Lord front

There's no mistaken the design of Star-Lord's face mask here.
And it gives the car an extra dose of sci-fi styling.

Guardians Hot Wheels Star-Lord back

According to the back of the card, that big ball in the back window is supposed to by the orb that holds one of the Infinity Stones.

Guardians Hot Wheels card back

This was an extra bonus I never would have noticed if I hadn't opened them. They could have just left the bottom of the card white, but they added in a Guardians design that would probably make a pretty cool desktop wallpaper.

Considering how successful the movie was, I have to think they'll be making the rest of the team too. At the very least, I'm definitely expecting a Groot.

5 comments:

  1. I hope they do a Groot! I want the whole team... wonder if they'll do Gamora though. Maybe at they can make her a sleek, killer motorcycle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'd love to get the whole gang plus Nebula, Ronan and Yondu as vehicles.

      Delete
  2. Great photos. Thanos HW might be cool too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thanos would have to be a truck or something big!

      Delete