Jul 24, 2014

July 2014 Loot Crate - Villains

Disclaimer
AEIOU and Sometimes Why is supplied this Loot Crate in exchange for a review.

For the month of July, Loot Crate delivers a box of badness! The theme for this month is villains. And it looks like they really handed the whole thing over to the baddies this month, take a peek at the inside of the Crate!

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains box

The is the first time since I've been getting Loot Crate that I've seen anything different on the inside of the box. I think it's a great idea to kickstart the theme from the moment you open it. And, it's a nice surprise.

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains box closeup

The cover of this month's mini-mag has villains from every corner of pop culture racing to steal a Loot Crate. I bet Vader's just going to Force lift it anyway.

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains mini-mag

Inside is an interview with artist Skottie Young, who is working on the current Rocket Raccoon series at Marvel (more on that later), Loot Crate's Top 5 Video Game Villains, and a few criminal conundrums to occupy your time.

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains socks

From Marvel Comics & HYP is a pair of Deadpool socks! These are pretty neat but I think it'd be hilarious if they made them so that it looked like Wade's eyes were peering out over the top of your shoes. Next to them is the monthly exclusive button with art work from the mini-mag cover.

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains DVD & keychain

On the left is a DVD of a documentary about the super-villains of DC Comics narrated by Christopher Lee. I'm looking forward to watching this and I'm sure Mr. Lee narrating it will add some extra menace. In the center is a Bowser magnet. Sorry shell for brains, I'm heading to another castle! And on the right is a Darth Vader key chain. I'm actually pretty excited about this item! I have a Bag of Holding from ThinkGeek and one of the zipper pulls broke off. I've been looking for a geeky key chain to replace it with. Problem solved!

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains posters

Speaking of DC super-villains, here's a pair of mini posters featuring Mistah J and his homicidal Harley. They are attached in the middle there and I know if I tried to cut them apart I'd end up cutting a crooked line. But maybe with these two, that's not a bad thing?

July 2014 Loot Crate: Rocket Racoon Exclusive

Definitely my favorite item in the Crate this month! I've been a Rocket Raccoon fan since his miniseries in the 80s. This first issue of his new series featuring artist Skottie Young (see, I said I'd get to this later) is a riot. It's sort of like Looney Tunes in space, but with a gun toting raccoon and giant tree man. This variant cover by Dale Keown is exclusive to Loot Crate, in case there was any question.

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains Joki

Rounding out the antihero assembly is this mashup shirt from Woot! combining two of the most mischievous miscreants from the Marvel and DC universes. Sheesh, could you imagine what the Joker would do if he had Loki's power?

And just for funsies, here's the shirt under blacklight

July 2014 Loot Crate: Villains shirt blacklight

If you want to get sweet swag in your mail every month, head over to Loot Crate and use code HEROES for 10% off any subscription plan. Not so coincidentally, that is the theme for August's Crate and they've already released a teaser image featuring certain young reptilian martial artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment