Jan 16, 2019

Gremlins Theme Park Rides

Did you know that at one time there were two different Gremlins theme park rides operating? Did you also know that depending on which one you visited that you would also encounter Beetlejuice or Alf?


This isn't exactly breaking news but it's something I recently discovered thanks to the Expedition Theme Park YouTube Channel. I highly recommend it if you're interested in theme park history. Oddly enough, while researching this post, it seems a lot of big sites have picked up on the "news" from this video being recently released.

Check it out.


I found full ride-thru videos from each attraction. Both rides closed in the early 2000's so the video quality may not be great but these are the best ones I could find.

Here is the Australian version with Beetlejuice.


And here is the German ride with ALF. I'll be honest with you, this ALF creeps me out. Not only is he speaking German but he really needs a haircut!


If you had to choose, which one would you ride? As odd as it is to see "Old Man" ALF speaking German, I'd probably go with that version. I mean, it's ALF and Gremlins!

1 comment: