Sep 26, 2016

Monthly Movie Recap - September 2016


Dropping this a little early as I'm on my way to DisneyWorld(!) and won't be watching any movies from now until the end of the month. You'll also notice the Halloween decorations are up a bit early, because I didn't want to have to worry about doing it while away.


Mrs Dex recently saw a live production of this and then had to see the movie. I'd never seen it. I don't get too into musicals usually but am I glad I had a reason to see this! Watch that clip up there. There's a lot of that going on in the movie.

Cool: Two words: Donald O'Connor, his performance is comedic genius! The dance numbers are, to use a word I rarely use, delightful in every sense.
Lame: They definitely don't make em like this anymore.

Rating: 8/10


Speaking of Halloween, I thought I'd get a head start on the festivities checking this one out. I didn't know going in that it was the third in a series but they pretty much cover the basics to get you up to speed. It's about what you'd expect from Stine.

Cool: Danny Trejo?! That Farkle kid.
Lame: Not enough spooky

Rating: 5/10


How can you see a horror musical with Meat Loaf on Netflix and not watch it? It was better than I was expecting. It's got a bit of comedy in it, some decent kills, and the story was good.

Cool: While everyone else is in musical-land, when the killer shows up they bring in this heavy metal music which is not only a great contrast but is also pretty kick ass.
Lame: Needs more heavy metal killer!

Rating: 6/10


Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2015, Amazon Prime)
I had forgot about this one! I remember seeing the trailer and thinking it looked funny and then it came and went in like a week. It feels like it's definitely aimed at a teen crowd but it's got a bit of heart to it, as cliched as it may be. It's a little Shaun of the Dead meets Zombieland.

Cool: Plenty of gooey bits. Some actual laugh out loud moments.
Lame: Nothing to report here!

Rating: 7/10

Month Total
 New: 4  Rewatch: 0

Year Total
 New: 50  Rewatch:3

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the new Halloween look of the site :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can only take credit for the banner, the wallpaper was found online.

      Delete