Jan 12, 2022

Haul-iday Report 2021

 Hope everyone had a happy and healthy holiday/New Year. I've been catching up on other blogger's holiday hauls so I thought I'd join in, even if it's a little late.


This is not a personal photo but I wanted to find something fun to start off the post!


We'll kick it off with these awesome Adventure Time Matryoshka dolls. This is not an officially licensed product and I love it all the more for that. You can tell the artist used this actual set for inspiration because PB's pose is pretty much the same. But the "real" set only has 5 dolls while this one has 7. Finn stands around 5" tall to give you an idea how freaking tiny BMO is!


If you're not really into Disney merch, you may not be familiar with their latest collectible thingy: keys. They're making them pretty much for everything and of course there are crazy hard to get ones like with any collectible, there's even themed series of blind boxed ones. I'm only getting the ones I really like (or that are gifted to me!). The top one is for the Book of Boba Fett and the bottom is a holiday re-theme of a Mandalorian/Child set that came out previously.


And while we're talking about Mandalorians, here's the latest Funko Something Wild! card game and a Boba Geeki Tiki. I actually picked up the Nightmare Before Christmas Something Wild awhile back and meant to blog it. Each of the games come with a cute little Pop figure.
 
 
This is a very cool piece celebrating the 50th anniversary of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion. It's in the shape of a Doom Buggy (the ride vehicle). When you press the front, the ghosts appear and it plays Grim, Grinning Ghosts!


Zombie Doctor Doom Funko pop. I'm not sure if they've ever shown Doom becoming a zombie in any of the various comic series but I have a hard time believing they'd be able to turn him.

 
Supernatural Thrillers #6, 1973, featuring the Headless Horseman. The story isn't an adaptation but a new, slightly confusingly told, one where some dude is dressing up in a Scooby-Doo like phosphorescent costume to annoy people but then the real Horseman gives him his just desserts.
 

 I got a bunch of other Hallmark ornaments but wanted to show this one off because I like how it has some depth to it and you can see the Wampa lurking in the background.


Finally, I got some more Boo Hollow series 2 figures! The characters broke out into their own merch line last year and I'm very hopeful they'll be back again in 2022! I did get a couple extras so I'll probably be posting on IG looking for swaps.

1 comment: