Oct 20, 2021

Halloween Web - Halloween is Forever - The Sequel

 As promised, we're continuing our chats with the hosts of the Halloween is Forever podcast. Coming at you today, guns blazing, is Meg.


Thanks for joining us! Please introduce yourself.

My name is Megan Seastedt. I work in the beer industry currently as Production Manager at North Country Brewing Company. I've worked in the beer industry since 2010 under various production related roles. I'm currently the co-host of Halloween is Forever podcast along with the rad dudes - Brian and Steve. It's been an incredibly cool outlet to explore my love of horror. In the past, I owned and operated a heavy metal and craft beer festival called Brewtal Beer Festival that may be be in the works to come back next year with some new surprises in store.

What was Halloween like as a kid for you?

I grew up in a military family, so my childhood Halloweens varied. My first memories were from when I lived on a farm in Oswego, NY so we were the kids who were entirely bundled up OVER our costumes being driven from door to door. After that I enjoyed most of my childhood years in Cape May, NJ. We lived on a Coast Guard base so we would pretty much be able to go anywhere on the base. The weather was always mild even with the Delaware Bay breeze. It allowed us to explore way longer into the evening. The highlight there was the "rich" houses at the end of our base where we could nab some of those full size candy bars! That was the best. 

Do you have any special Halloween memories?

While I lived on said Coast Guard base, we lived in townhouse buildings that had four houses per building. My favorite neighbors growing up were the Fishers. They lived on the end of our building. The mother, Jeanie, would always tell us scary, and TRUE stories from her time moving around. They always left me with chills, but I loved every ounce of it.


In our area, we have the Living Dead Museum as many of George Romero's films were made here. Each year in the fall, there is a festival with panels, vendors and my favorite part, the pet costume contest. I started out simply dressing up my Boston Terrier, Bruce Wayne, but it evolved into costumes that he and I would wear together. In 2019, we dressed up as Bonnie and Clyde. It was super cute. Bruce even wore a holster with a toy gun.

How do you celebrate today?

I generally keep things simple. Horror movie marathons are not uncommon. I will to go the occasional Halloween party too. 

Do you have any yearly rituals for the season?

Fall is one of my favorite times of year. I try to get out and hike as often as I can to enjoy the colors, and the crisp fall air. As far as yearly rituals goes, I will do one of these walks / hikes in the Evans City Cemetery. I don't know if I see it as a tradition, but it's a cool place to walk around and think about the horror history surrounding the location.

Why do you think Halloween sticks with us into adulthood?

I think it starts with fall in general. There is this cozy feeling around the cool evenings, the colors changing (the natural beauty of the decay), and the start of traditions. Fall brings pumpkin carving, apple picking, fall festivals, and for me some of my favorite beer styles. It can illicit great memories for folks. I genuinely enjoy this feeling of calm. Most of the summer hustle and bustle starts waning and I really look forward to many days / nights just relaxing under a blanket watching horror movies.

Inside the Spookster's Studio

The worst thing to get while trick or treating was peanut butter kisses.

My favorite thing to get was Reese's forever

My favorite monster cereal is Count Chocula
 
Where can people find you online?

It's always good to follow Halloween is Forever on all the platforms (Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook) I'm personally handling our TikTok (or learning and handling it haha). Folks can find Halloween fun plus all the other stuff I do (beer/horror/ personal journal through life) primarily shared on Instagram at  @meganfromtheblacklagoon or the heavy metal beer festival I mentioned at @brewtalbeerfest
 
 
Thank you, Meg! If you love horror (you are reading a blog counting down to Halloween) then be sure to check out the Halloween is Forever podcast available on iTunes, Podbean, and other places you find great podcasts.

Click below to hit the Countdown site with a list of all the participants this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment