Oct 16, 2017

Now Hear This - Halloween 2017

So the month's about half over. You've probably listened to your favorite Halloween albums a couple times over and have your seasonal playlist going non-stop. If you're looking for something new to add to the mix, you've come to the right post!


First is Halloween Haunts: Revisited (Amazon, iTunes). I don't remember how I found out about this album but after listening to the samples, I snatched it up. Most of the 10 tracks have a completely different style from each other and they all have vocals. 

The styles range from jazzy to hard rock to hip-hop and there's even a couple songs that I swear are missing tracks from the Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack. These are suitable for all ages but aren't down on the kid level so much that adults won't enjoy them. Not only do I think you'll find at least a couple tracks you'll enjoy but I bet at least one will stuck in your head.

I've been on a bit of a Bandcamp kick lately. I've discovered so many great horror punk/rock bands that I never would have otherwise heard.



I found The Anti-Bodies one day while randomly browsing bands. The first track on the album is titled "10/31" so I couldn't not listen to it, right? I let the album play after the first song and instantly fell in love with them. There is just something about this band that checks all the boxes for me. Songs include "Camp Blood" (Friday the 13th), "Elm St.," "Zombie Invasion," and "Earth vs. Mars."



Governor Grimm is more towards the rockabilly side of the music spectrum. Their tunes will definitely get your toes tapping!


And if you need some groovy electric instrumental sounds, you can't go wrong with Wolfmen of Mars catalog. Their music is pretty much the soundtrack for a 70s/80s outer space horror movie!

Finally, it wouldn't be Halloween without the next two releases.


Creep over to the Monster Mashup Facebook page where you can download their 13th Halloween compilation. Three CDs worth of music for the low price of free! Most of the mashups are solid but a lot of them won't migrate to my playlist. But I can be very picky about my Halloween songs.


Figure returns with Monsters Vol. 8 (Amazon, iTunes) with tracks inspired by The Fog, The Ring, Phantasm, The Twilight Zone, and more. I will be the first person to tell you I would likely never listen to EDM/Dubstep but I really dig Figure's stuff with the way he drops in horror dialog.

Have you added anything fun to your Halloween playlist?
Let me know in the comments!


Be sure to visit all the Halloween houses by clicking the link below!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for pointing me towards some new Halloween tunes! I compile a Halloween mixtape every year. Some of these tunes might make it onto next years mixtape.

    One simple song that I shamelessly love is Spooky Scary Skeletons. It's so cheesy in all the right, Halloweeny ways. There are several remixed versions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know the exact song you mean. I have a remix of it somewhere.

      Delete
  2. Great recommendations! Especially Wolfmen Of Mars...they're definitely getting added to my playlist! :)

    ReplyDelete