Oct 18, 2017

2017 Halloween Hot Wheels - Scorcher & Great Gatspeed

Welcome back to Hot Wheels Wednesday!
Today we're spotlighting the 5th and 6th cars of the 2017 Halloween series.

First up is Scorcher.


This one is pretty solid. It doesn't have any crazy monster theming but makes due with the traditional orange and black. It's hard to see in the photos but the windows are tinted purple too. Scorcher debuted in 2010 and has been used in the Civil War and Star Wars lines.


The hood almost has a Jack-o'-Lantern smile going on. I could definitely see this ride in a Fast and Furious movie. Anyone up for a horror themed franchise spin-off?

This Great Gatspeed would be racing right along side the Scorcher.


It doesn't scream Halloween like the Ford F1 but it's probably my favorite in the 2017 Halloween series. There's just something about it that looks downright sinister. I'd like to see a version that has the convertible roof closed. I don't know why the name is inspired by The Great Gatsby other than the book was published in 1925 and that the design is based on luxury cars from the 20s/30s.


The really outstanding feature is that the exhaust pipes are only on the left side. The chrome looks awesome but in my mind I'm picturing clear pipes with electric blue hellfire coursing through them. What can I say? It's October and I'm in a horror mood.

Be sure to visit all the participating bloggers by clicking the link below!

No comments:

Post a Comment