Oct 17, 2016

Mansion Monday - Phantom Manor

Welcome, Foolish Mortal to another Mansion Monday!
I hope your bags are packed because we're going on a little trip to Disneyland Paris to talk about Phantom Manor.

Unlike the American Haunted Mansions, Paris' Phantom Manor is located in Frontierland and has an official story that is tied into the area around it. Because of this, it has a distinct Old West theme.

If you've got an hour or so, check out this great documentary featuring interviews with some of the Imagineers that had a hand in designing Phantom Manor and the Haunted Mansion.
 
Here's a full ridethru video of the attraction.


The original ghost host narration was performed by none other than Vincent Price! Sadly, this audio was only used for a few short months when the ride opened in 1992.
You can grab the original Vincent Price narration here.

I hope I get to visit this incarnation of my favorite Disney attraction some day!

Be sure to check out all the Countdown to Halloween bloggers!

1 comment:

  1. Wow so cool, I was not familiar with the Disney Land Paris version of this ride - so cute and fun. I love the old west ghost town!

    ReplyDelete